May 12th, 2020
45 mins 38 secs
About this Episode
Julia and Jonathan are excited about registered reports. They discuss pros (many) and cons (none?) and try to provide an overview of the process for newbies. Also, find out the best food to cook in your waffle maker (hint: it may not be a waffle).
Theme music courtesy of The Bobby Dazzlers
- Jimmy Buffet: Margaritaville - YouTube
- Registered Reports overview on OSF
- HARKing - Wikipedia
- Data dredging (p-hacking) - Wikipedia
- False-Positive Psychology: Undisclosed Flexibility in Data Collection and Analysis Allows Presenting Anything as Significant - Joseph P. Simmons, Leif D. Nelson, Uri Simonsohn, 2011
- Publication bias - Wikipedia — aka "file drawer problem"
- PsyArXiv Preprints | An excess of positive results: Comparing the standard Psychology literature with Registered Reports