Be serenaded by the dulcet tones of crying babies while you hear Julia and Jonathan discuss poorly-named “soft skills” of academia, including project management, general organization, and taking care of yourself (“sharpening your saw”). Empathy and theory-of-mind are undervalued as soft skills but are probably things we can practice. Imposter syndrome makes an appearance. And, Jonathan also explores a unique publishing opportunity.
- Poetry For All Episode 1: Seamus Heaney, Digging
- Jonathan Peelle on Twitter: "I’m so tempted to see how this goes https://t.co/6wKxE9D036" / Twitter — Morning spam email
- The juice and the squeeze Episode 3: Join the resistance — The importance of taking care of yourself and taking time to sharpen your saw.
- Sanya Sagar on Twitter: "Thanks for the reminder Liz @fosslien #AcademicChatter https://t.co/ds1ITIp7Pz" / Twitter
- What I thought would make me productive small illustration | Etsy
- Theory of mind - Wikipedia
- The juice and the squeeze Episode 13: You're not an imposter, and it's not a syndrome