Julia and Jonathan have a short show this week so you have time to listen to one of the other great podcasts by Black academics linked to in our show notes.
- SipNSci — A comedic podcast that aims to improve science literacy and provide representation of black people in STEM. The podcast will showcase guests who are people of color who work in science or those interested in science. Drunk Science with friends.” They have a great episode on hearing, hearing protection, and hearing devices for our audiophile listeners.
- Black and Highly Dangerous on Apple Podcasts — The purpose of this podcast is to take everyday questions, conversations, and debates and attempt to provide answers by including up-to-date research along with occasional interviews from experts.” The most recent episode provides guidance on how to manage mental health in the current state of the world by interviewing Marline Francois-Madden, a licensed clinical social worker, advocate, and best selling author.
- PhDivas | Ph Divas | Free Listening on SoundCloud — Podcast about academia, culture, and social justice across the STEM/humanities divide.” Recommended episode: “S5E10 | COVID-19 Anti-Asian & Anti-Black Racism”
- Dr Esther - YouTube — Highlighting underrespresented scientists, researchers, innovators and more from the past, from the present, and ones to watch out for in the future!
- An Essential Reading Guide For Fighting Racism — There are lots of antiracist reading lists - here's one example.
- List of many Black-owned bookstores in the United States
- Take Action: A List of Ways You Can Stand In Solidarity with the Black Community | AdHoc Presents
- Anti-racism resources for white people
- SPARK Society — "We aim to give scientists of color the tools to become innovators in the cognitive sciences."