Things feel a little crazy at the moment but listening to podcasts can only help. Right? RIGHT? Julia and Jonathan share how they are approaching teaching and maintaining sanity during coronavirus lockdown. Slack, Zoom tea time, faux commutes, and Julia’s speakeasy (password: “password”).
Support The Juice and the Squeeze on Patreon for access to exclusive content and other goodies.
- Jonathan Peelle on Twitter: "To help check in with folks in my academic orbit I have -Instituted daily lab tea-time over Zoom - work talk discouraged (we include lab undergrads who are scattered around the country) -A Slack workspace for my cognitive neuroscience class (tbd if anyone joins) Other ideas?" / Twitter
- Julia Strand on Twitter: "I know my students are nervous about the transition to online classes. I made them a welcome video to help reassure them! It'll be an online class, but it'll still be @CarletonCollege [video credit: @violetsarebrown] https://t.co/HtK0ANM1Gb" / Twitter
- Panopto Video Platform For Business & Education
- Perusall — Annotating PDFs and getting credit
- Maddi Pownall on Twitter: "Working from home life hack: Every morning Hugh and I have been getting up, getting dressed, and walking a 10-minute 'commute' to work around the block. We do the same on an evening to 'go home again' and it has been *life changing* for establishing home-work boundaries" / Twitter
- Leah Houri-Ze'evi on Twitter: "Working from home with a 3 yo (16:20-16:31 crying silently in the bedroom) Credit: ממים של הורים https://t.co/BMXOR4DugA" / Twitter
- Dana Jay Bein (#DJB) on Twitter: "I've lost my mind. I wrote Coronavirus Rhapsody: Is this a sore throat? Is this just allergies? Caught in a lockdown No escape from reality." / Twitter
- مراد on Twitter: "shakespeare while in quarantine: writes king lear newton while in quarantine: comes up with foundational theories for calculus and optics my cog neuro professor, Dr. Peelle, while in quarantine: https://t.co/sOFS6DzfFb" / Twitter
- jamie on Twitter: "Quarantine day 6. https://t.co/er652Oy3Ki" / Twitter
- Gorilla (for online studies)