Sometimes it works to just go to a conference and wander around, but more often having a strategy is useful. Probably trying to do EVERYTHING will not be a winning strategy. Networking just means making friends with people who are interested in similar things as you and makes conferences way more fun. One of your hosts is much more likely than the other to strike up conversations with nearby strangers.
- Society for Neuroscience - Past and Future Annual Meetings
- SIPS Meetings – Society for the Improvement of Psychological Science
- Meetings of the Psychonomic Society - Psychonomic Society
- Association for Psychological Science – APS
- Future Meetings – Society for the Neurobiology of Language
- Scientific networking is easier than you think — Jonathan Peelle