Not overextending ourselves (and helping trainees to do the same)
April 26th, 2022
46 mins 43 secs
About this Episode
Julia and Jonathan revisit the issue of how we manage our time and our commitments so that we can keep some sense of sanity, instead of feeling like butter being scraped over too much bread. In brief, when there’s too much stuff in the closet, you need to lean harder into your pile of no’s, because you probably only have about 4000 weeks to work with. How do we decide whether the juice is worth the squeeze (as it were)? Maybe we should start giving awards for thinking long and hard about a topic.
Theme music courtesy of The Bobby Dazzlers
- The juice and the squeeze Episode 5: A pile of no's
- Amazon.com: Four Thousand Weeks: Time Management for Mortals: 9780374159122: Burkeman, Oliver: Books — But buy it from your local bookstore!
- Opportunity cost - Wikipedia
- The juice and the squeeze Episode 7: Too much stuff in the closet
- Warren Buffett’s “3-step” 5/25 Strategy: How to Focus and Prioritize Your Time Like a Billionaire.
- I feel thin... stretched. Like butter scraped over too much bread. - YouTube
- It's All Too Much: An Easy Plan for Living a Richer Life with Less Stuff: Walsh, Peter: 8601419123933: Books: Amazon.com